Kurlandbrik Robberg Xpress - Full Course 10km
Robberg Nature Reserve , Plettenberg Bay, is the setting for The Kurlandbrik Robberg Xpress Trail Run – an exciting, high adrenaline and technical 10km circular trail.
Start in the car park area with a dash to the boom and back to split the leaders from
the pack, before following the single track hiking route on the east of the peninsula.
Boulder hopping, steep scrambles, soft sand and stunning views are what you can
expect from this exclusive trail run.
KURLANDBRIK - A huge thank you to our main sponsor KURLANDBRIK who have without fail supported us every single year. Without them, we would not be able to hold this fantastic race!
For more details contact Plett Athletics Club secretary Janet Woodhead [email protected] (076 985 3181)
- Sun 9th October 8h00
- Registration at Central Beach along with Tour de Plett on Friday 7th October from 3pm to 8pm.
- R160 for ASWD Licenced runners.
- Extra R30 for unlicensed runners.
- Race Day Registration and Race Number collection from 6:30am to 7:30am.
- Limit to 250 runners.
- 3 hour cut off time
- Carry own water.
- Enter the Plett Biathlon - The Tour de Plett Cycle race and the The Kurlandbrik Robberg Xpress and get a discounted rate.
- Walkers welcome (as long as they adhere to the cut-offs)
- No dogs, not wheelchair friendly
- Minumum age 16 (Under 16 welome in short course)
- Medals for all finishers
- SHIRTS and BUFFS - to be sold at Registration on Friday 7th and on Race Day registration on 9th October between 6:30 and 7:30.
The Plett Biathlon includes Tour de Plett's (TdP) MTB Race on Saturday 8th October and Kurlandbrik Robberg Xpress 10km run on Sunday 9th October.
This year we are privileged to be hosting a Biathlon with Tour de Plett and encourage all athletes to enter - A discount is offered when entering for both.
How to enter Plett's Biathlon and get an ATHLETES DISCOUNT?
1. Firstly enter the MTB Race here
2. Then enter our Kurland Robberg Xpress 10km run and receive your discount.
-10km and 87km MTB = Discount of R100
-10km and 58km MTB = Discount of R80
-10km and 20km MTB = Discount of R75
For more on Tour de Plett -http://www.tourdeplett.co.za
Wine and bubbly festival discount
Plett is once again hosting their famous Sasfin Wine and Bubbly Festival from 7 to 9th October.
The Sasfin Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival is offering discounted entries to all Kurlandbrik Robberg Express entrants.
Normal entry fees for the Wine & Bubbly Festival are R200, but you can get an entry for only R100 if you enter our race.
Please contact Lois for tickets and more detail on 082 2109511 or email: [email protected]
We support the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) and thank them for their outstanding support.
R5 of your entry fee goes towards the Plettenberg Bay NSRI - Station 14.
Please free to donate more on our entry page.
For more on the NSRI - http://www.nsri.org.za/tag/plettenberg-bay/
Approximately R60 of your entry fee goes towards Cape Nature to ensure that our beautiful Robberg Nature Reserve, which is not only a national monument, but a World Heritage Site, is properly maintained and protected.
For more on Cape Nature - http://www.capenature.co.za/reserves/robberg-nature-reserve/